So, This is Christmas
Those lucky enough to enjoy a sunny Christmas can engage in fun outdoor activities with friends and family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Even though our offices will be closed during the holidays, our team has created a list of tips to help you stay on track with your workouts and maintain good eating habits.
Remember, the holidays are ordinary days; they only feel different because our society’s social constructs have made it so. The reality is that everybody should be kind to their family and friends every day. Maintain your character, grace, and sensibility as a person among many during these joyous times. Appreciate all the good that has come your way this year and look forward to a Happy New Year. The more you emit good vibes, the more likely it is that those good vibes boomerang around to you. ‘Tis the season to spread good cheer.
We wish you and your family goodwill, health, and prosperity in 2023! Stay healthy, and remember that moderation is the key to success. Little by little, step by step, you will reach your goals.
Check out our team’s suggestions to help you have a healthy holiday. Read More…
- Pack a healthy picnic. Go on a hike, take a bike ride, go to the beach and play with your kids, or stroll along the coastline while counting your blessings. Then sit down to enjoy a balanced meal to nourish your mind, body, and spirit. You should feel good when you feed your body; it needs nutrition to carry you through your days. Take good care of it.
- Avoidskipping meals. Skipping meals to reduce calories is not a healthy way of “getting fit.” This can lead to weight gain because an unsatisfied belly makes you hungry and increases your chances of overeating. A snack such as fruit, yogurt, nuts, and string cheese can go a long way. Providing at least one healthy, nutritious choice at a potluck, such as salad, a charcuterie board, skewers, or a dip, is an excellent balance. Avoid fatty snacks such as chips, candy, cakes, and fried foods.
- Have a good night’s sleep. Create a nighttime regimen that you look forward to doing. Have a bubble bath, do a face mask, and stay away from the phone an hour before bed. Be mindful of getting your 8 hours of sleep. If you don’t sleep well, you won’t feel well.
- Wash your hands.Get ready to deck the halls! It is flu season, be mindful that you visit family members of all ages. Cover your cough in the inner part of your elbow. Something as simple as washing your hands for 20 seconds with soap can make a difference in whether you spread germs.
- Manage stress.The holidays can be overwhelming. With so much to do in so little time, what better way to wind down and relax than getting a massage with our phenomenal massage therapists? It is the perfect gift to give that special someone or indulge in a gift for yourself!
- Plan for next year.Review what went well for you this year and contemplate how you will approach next year. Will you start that business you’ve been dreaming about; will you muster up the courage to ask your boss for that raise, or will you decide to slow down and spend more time with your family? Whatever you decide, the end of the year marks the close of one chapter and the beginning of another. How will your story play out? Will it be the same or diametrically different? One thing is for sure; you will be the main character in your new story, and since you create your life, what you do every day determines your character.
Stay young at heart, healthy, loving, and grateful for all that you have. Be of strong body, sound mind, and pure in spirit. Life treats you as you treat it.
Peace and good cheer to all.
The Team at Absolute Best